Friday, November 30, 2012

Love and Responsibility Session V: Ethical Analysis of Love



If you have trouble viewing this, click here.

In this session we talk about the fact that the only way love is really true love is if it is ethically good.  A person's experience or feelings, no matter how pure or valid they may be, can never integrate love and elevate it to the nobility of being true love.  Ethical dimension is when love must blossom forth into a vocation, into marriage and family.  If it does not, it cannot be said to be true love, but even an evil love.

7 comments:

  1. Fr i need help please help me

    yours in Christ
    sajeel pervez
    cell:+92-313-7742688

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes that well known verse by St Paul "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud" I didn't realise there was the extra part that said there is an evil love. Love is love you can't change that, all pure, tender love is true and good. Ethical love - where do you get this from??? This is not the gospel brought to us by the loving Christ!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the above I refer to mutual love between two consenting adults - that can never be evil.

      Delete
  3. Awesome article! I have gradually become fan of your article and would like to suggest putting some new updates to make it more effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This video is really interesting can u share some more video of dating?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really pleased to post my comment on this blog .I love your Video by the way, I am gonna have to add you to my list of watched blogs

    site de rencontre pour homme

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this great article and video. I absolutely will bookmark yout blog on chrome.

    ReplyDelete